Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Worth Mentioning



My last post a talked a lot about a teacher who was terrible. I thought because of my last post I should take the time to point out the two teachers who actually made a difference that year. They were good teachers and even though it was hard for me to see the good these were two classes I didn't mind taking. I'm sad to admit I no longer remember their names. In the process of trying to forget everything I have discovered that I forgot good things and clung to bad things. Not to healthy.
The first teacher I'm going to mention is my history/civics teacher. He made sure there was no funny business in his classroom. Everyone was treated the same in his classroom. So he probably had no idea what was going on with me because kids were to afraid to act up in his class. Which is why I loved his class. It was an hour of peace! It felt especially good when my project for that class was used as an example of how the paper should have been done. He said my paper was one of the best he had come across in years! It was great hearing those words and knowing those who picked on me heard them to!
It was a project that for some reason had to come with samples of certain spices. I don't remember the project specifically. I couldn't stand the thought of dumping spices in zip-lock bags and stapling them to a piece of computer paper. So I brainstormed with my mom and together we came up with the idea of taping the spices to the paper. I guess he was thrilled to have a paper with no bags!
The other was my art teacher. She knew very well what was going on. In her class one side of the room was in groups and the other side was in twos. I was orginally part of larger group. She noticed that I stopped talking at the table and there was alot of laughing and pointing in my direction. She took the time to ask if I wanted a different seat. I gratefully accepted and sat by one of the few people who didn't mind talking to me.  The class still wasn't easy with that group there, but a lot easier now that I didn't have to share the same table with them! I thank this teacher whoever they are!
I did especially well in these two classes because if felt like the teachers actually cared. Something I wish all teachers shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment