Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Third Wheel

It didn't happen right away. The process was more gradual. At first we seemed to be great friends. We went to classes together, ate lunch together, and talked about things we could do after school. It really began when one of the girls asked my opinion of one of the others. I hadn't gotten to know that person real well yet and not wanting to make any hasty judgements I simply said I didn't really have an opinion yet because I didn't know them to well yet. The next thing I knew she was turning around and telling the whole table that I hated her. I of course told them that was not what I said and told them what I actually said, but the damage had already been done.
Soon the three girls who had been my friends began to slowly exclude me from things. When I went to walk with them to classes I was ignored and eventually they began to walk in a way that I was forced to walk by myself. Then I found that they had someone sit in my seat in the classes so I couldn't sit next to them any more. Eventually one day when I was on my to lunch with them they gave me a glare as if saying your not coming are you?
When your a kid lunch table seating is decided on the first day of school. So when I was forced to look elsewhere to sit it wasn't easy. I had to find a table that not only had an empty seat, but would allow me to sit there. Many tables when they saw me coming would put their books down in the empty seat. Luckily I found a table that had a couple of empty seats and I would sit there for the remainder of the school year. If it hadn't been for that table I may have been eating in the bathroom.
I also found that making friends was difficult. The girls had made it their job to make sure no one would take the time to get to know me. I had become that girl that know one wants to go nowhere near. All this over a simple misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment